1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- The data controller is PHK srl, located at Via Bricherasio 7, 10128 Turin, Italy (hereinafter also referred to as “data controller,” “we,” or “us”).
- The data controller has designated a data protection officer under Article 37 GDPR who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF DATA PROCESSING
- We process personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. This means that we process personal data only when there is a legitimate basis for processing.
- With your consent, we may also use personal data collected through cookies to send you marketing communications, such as our newsletter (to the extent possible based on the consent given). Consent to processing may be revoked at any time, however, this will not affect the lawfulness of any data processing carried out prior to the revocation of consent.
- We are authorized to provide information about the personal data processed and to provide access to such personal data to law enforcement or authorities in response to emergencies, as required by applicable law, and to process such data where necessary in compliance with our legal obligations.
- When you contact us (using, for example, a contact form or via e-mail), your information is stored for purposes of processing your request and if questions arise. In all cases, requests are first processed at our main office in Italy.
- We report below further details regarding the purposes of user data processing, how it is processed, and to whom it is disclosed.
3. ONLINE ACCESS DATA COLLECTION (LOG FILES).
- We may automatically collect information you provide when you access our websites. We collect data when you request access to the server on which our website is hosted (server log files). Log data include the filename of the web page captured, the date and time of capture, the volume of data transmitted, notification of successful transmission, the browser type and version, the user’s operating system, the referring URL (the site used before this visit), the IP address, and the requesting provider.
- We usually process log data anonymously, without reference to any other information that identifies the relevant user or any other profiling, and only for statistical evaluations, operational, security and optimization purposes of our website. However, we reserve the right to verify log data later and to use such data with other information that could identify a user if we have reasonable grounds to suspect abuse or illegal activity.
- We send newsletters, e-mails and other electronic notifications with promotional information, which we will collectively refer to as “newsletters,” only with the consent of the recipient. Subscription to our newsletters implies consent to receive newsletters.
- The history of subscriptions to our newsletters is retained to demonstrate that the registration process complies with legal requirements. This includes retention of login and confirmation time and IP address.
- Newsletters are sent out by Mailchimp.
- The e-mail addresses of recipients of our newsletters, along with other data about them described in Section 9 of this section, are stored on Mailchimp’s servers. Mailchimp uses this information to send and evaluate newsletters on our behalf. In addition, Mailchimp may use such information to optimize and improve its services, such as for technical optimization of newsletter delivery and presentation or for financial purposes to determine recipients’ countries of residence. However, Mailchimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them, nor does it forward such data to third parties.
- To subscribe to the newsletter, the user simply needs to provide us with the email address. We also ask for the first and last name. In addition, we automatically collect information about which country and language are used. This information is requested for the sole purpose of personalizing the newsletter. We use this information only to tailor the content of the newsletter to the interests of our readers.
- Unsubscribing from the newsletter – If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, you may revoke your consent. In this case, the user’s consent to receive the newsletter, with data sent through Mailchimp and related statistical analysis, will expire at the same time.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
2. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Different cookies exist for different purposes. The information collected by these cookies may include the following (depending on the cookie in question): device type, unique browser identifier, IP address, unique cookie identifier, browser type, language, country, operating system, system settings, information about your interaction with our sites, such as purchases, indicated preferences, and click behavior. We do not control the operation of third-party cookies. The respective third parties are responsible for these cookies and their data processing.
3. ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies activate services that the user has specifically requested. They are necessary to allow the user to navigate the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without the use of these cookies, requested services, such as shopping carts or online billing, cannot be provided.
4. ANALYTICAL OR PERFORMANCE COOKIES
These cookies collect anonymous information about the pages visited. They collect information about how visitors use the site, such as which pages they visit most frequently, how they move around our site, and whether they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect data that personally identifies you. They help us improve the way our site works by ensuring, for example, that users find what they are looking for easily.
5. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
These cookies remember choices you have made to improve your experience. They are used to recognize you when you return to our website. They allow the website to remember choices you have made (such as username, language, or geographic region) and to provide better, more personal features, such as a personalized greeting. They can also be used to remember changes made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of our website and to provide services requested by the user, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information collected by these cookies can be anonymized and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
6. TARGETING OR PROMOTIONAL COOKIES
These cookies collect information about the user’s browsing habits in order to tailor advertising to the user’s interests. They record the user’s visit to our website, pages visited and links followed. They are also used to show the advertisements that are most relevant and of greatest interest to the user. These cookies are also installed by third parties (including ad networks) with our permission. The cookies remember which pages on our website were visited by the user; this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. They can be used to deliver advertisements on third-party websites or applications based on the user’s online activity.
The advertising cookies and third-party services we use include Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, Yahoo! Ads, and Instagram Ads.
7. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES AT ANY TIME?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device. The “Help” section of the browser should provide the necessary information on how to manage cookie settings in the browser.
However, it should be noted that blocking cookies may affect the operation of the site. If you wish to accept our cookies but not third-party cookies, you can generally (depending on your browser) select the “Block third-party cookies” option in your browser settings.
How to disable cookies in various browsers: http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies
If you wish to prevent the site from placing cookies on your device (e.g., a computer or cell phone), you can block cookies in your browser settings:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/it-IT/kb/Cookies
Adobe (cookie Flash): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
For other browsers, check the support website for the browser you use.
In addition, you can get more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ e https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options.
8. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- Google uses this information on our behalf in order to evaluate users’ use of the website, with the purpose of compiling reports regarding activities within the website and to provide additional services regarding website and Internet usage. It is possible that pseudonymous usage profiles of users may be created from the processed data.
- We only use Google Analytics with the IP address anonymization feature enabled. This means that users’ IP addresses are abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other member states of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the entire IP address be transferred to Google’s server in the United States and abbreviated there.
- The IP address transmitted by the user’s browser is not merged with other data from Google. Users can also prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser accordingly; users can also block the collection of data generated by cookies and related to their use of the website for Google, as well as the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it.
- For more information regarding Google’s use of data for promotional purposes, as well as settings and options for raising objections, please refer to the following Google web pages: https://www.google.com/intl/it/policies/privacy/partners/ (“How Google uses information provided by apps or sites that use its services”), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“Use of data for promotional purposes”), http://www.google.com/settings/ads (“Control of information used by Google to display advertisements”) e http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ (“Improved advertising proposed to the user”).
9. ONLINE CUSTOMERS
When you place an order for the purchase of products online or when you make a request, the processing of your data is necessary for the execution of that contract or in order to carry out the steps requested by you before entering into a contract.
- Users’ personal data may be transmitted to third parties where necessary for billing purposes (e.g., to payment service providers) or as needed to fulfill contractual obligations to our customers. This includes the transmission of customer data contained in orders to the local retailer selected by the customer, for the purpose of completing an order, or to companies within our group, including PHK Ltd. for the purpose of providing customer service and completing the order.
10. DATA SECURITY
We put in place organizational, contractual and technical security measures corresponding to state-of-the-art technology to ensure compliance with applicable laws relating to data protection and for the purpose of ensuring that the data we process are protected from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons.
11. RIGHTS OF INTERESTED PARTIES
- Upon request, you may receive information about the personal data we process. In such cases, we may ask you to provide us with detailed information about the possible circumstances that led to our processing of your data.
- You also have the right to request rectification of inaccurate data stored and deletion of your personal data, to assert your rights regarding portability of personal data, to restrict or revoke your authorization for data processing, and to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in cases of suspected unlawful data processing.
- It is possible, at any time, to revoke the consent to the data processing that has been provided; however, this will not affect the lawfulness of the data processing carried out before the consent was revoked.
12. DATA RETENTION